FourStroke 30 EFI
Innovating the industry with battery-free power.
Mercury FourStrokes have long led the pack in clean, quiet, fuel-efficient outboard power, and now the gap grows even wider. We combined innovative engineering with advanced reliability and features to make our outboards run clean, stay quiet, and deliver smooth, responsive performance – all while cutting your fuel and maintenance costs.
The 25 and 30hp FourStrokes have an industry-first battery-less EFI system for easier starting, smooth running, and improved efficiency. That’s not a misprint – they feature electronic fuel injection with no battery.
- Engine Type : inline 3
- Displacement (CID/CC) : 32.1 / 526
- Full Throttle RPM Range : 5250-6250
- Fuel Induction System : 2 valves per cylinder, single overhead cam (SOHC)
- Alternator Amp : 15 amp / 186 watt
- Recommended Fuel : 87% octane/up to 10% ethanol
- Recommended Oil : Mercury FourStroke Oil 10W-30
- Engine Protection Operator Warning System : Low oil pressure, Over-rev, Overheat, Sensor failure
- Starting : Electric, Manual
- Steering : Remote, Tiller
- Gearcase Ratio : 1.92:1
- Dry Weight * Lightest model available : 172lbs / 78kg
- CARB Star Rating : 3
- Bore & Stroke (in/mm) : 2.40 x 2.36″ / 61 x 60 mm
- Ignition : CDI w/electronic spark advance
- Fuel System : Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Cooling System : Water-cooled with thermostat
- Gear Shift : F-N-R
- Gearcase options: Standard
- Trim system: Gas assist, Power Trim
- Exhaust System : Though prop
- Remote Fuel Tank : 6.6 gal / 25 L
- color: Phantom Black
- HP/Kw : 30 / 22.4
- Shaft Length : 15 in (381mm) / 20 in (508 mm)
- Shallow Water Trim Range : 16 degrees
Specifications are subject to change without notice
Great acceleration / more torque.
Compact but powerful, Mercury ® 15 – 30hp FourStroke outboards feature extra displacement and outstanding low-end torque that put a boat smartly on plane.
A high-output alternator keeps batteries charged and fishing electronics humming.
Dependable starts and performance.
Battery-free Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) on Mercury 25 – 30hp FourStroke models delivers consistently easy starting, crisp throttle response, increased fuel economy and outstanding overall performance.
The Mercury-exclusive Primer and Fast Idle systems start our 15 – 20hp FourStrokes fast and easy – hot or cold – and aren’t affected by variable fuel quality.
- Born To Be Smooth: All portable and mid-range Mercury FourStrokes feature inline designs for inherently smooth operation.
- Consistent Starting: Mercury FourStroke EFI outboards deliver consistent, easy starts, smooth operation, and reliability. The 25 and 30hp models are the industry’s first batteryless EFI outboards.
- Fun at your Fingertips: Mercury Fourstrokes are designed with a boat load of user-friendly features, such as our multifunction tiller handle. Available on gas assist or power trim models, this tiller handle gives you easy one-handed operation of shifting, stopping, throttle, tilt and starting. More control equals better maneuverability.
- Powerful 3-Cylinder Design: Every 25 and 30hp Mercury Fourstroke utilize a three-cylinder engine design that delivers better inherent balance than the twin cylinder designs used by competitive outboards. Mercury’s three cylinder approach results in a smoother and quieter user experience.