The Club 420 enables young sailors to learn teamwork, trapeze and spinnaker techniques that simply can’t be learned in single-handed boats. Safe for beginning sailors and quick enough to keep collegiate All-Americans interested, sailors graduating from the Optimist class will find the C420 to be manageable and a lot of fun.
Get a step ahead in team and fleet racing.
Progressive sailing associations are developing team racing and fleet racing events around their double-handed trainers. These new sailing challenges are keeping young sailors excited while building participation in junior programs
LaserPerformance has sold more than 2000 Club 420s to training programs around the nation. More than 100 high schools and colleges maintain fleets as well. The Club 420 Class Association publishes an informative newsletter, maintains class rules, and helps to promote events on the local, regional, and national levels. The racing and learning continues to improve as more clubs standardize to the Club 420 and participation grows at every level.
- LOA : 13.90 ft / 4.24 m
- Beam : 5.50 ft / 1.684 m
- Draft : 2.95 ft / 0.904 m
- Spinnaker : 95.00 ft / 8.83 m
- Hull Weight : 230.0 lb / 104.33 kg
- Capacity : 1-2 people
- Skill Level : beginner-advanced
- Race Level : club-national
- Optimal Weight : 220/300 lb – 100/136 kg
- Transport : trailer
- Mainsail Area : 79.65 ft / 7.40 m
- Jib Area : 30.14 ft / 2.80 m
Specifications are subject to change without notice
- 12:1 boom vang led aft to facilitate trimming.
- All hardware through-bolted and backed with oversized stainless washers and locknuts.
- Built-in 3:1 jib halyard purchase to tension rig.
- Harken blocks used throughout.
- Marlow line package.
- Molded fiberglass kick-up rudder.
- Rounded seat tanks provide comfort and plenty of buoyancy.
- Strong, proven spreader bracket.
- Unidirectional knitted fiberglass throughout hull and deck for ultimate durability.
- The Club 420 has a Vela gray hull and deck; mainsail is available in Bzzzz (black and yellow stripes) or Rasta (yellow, green and red stripes).