Designed by Tony Castro, the Laser SB3 is an exhilarating and fast three-person sport boat. It’s modern and powerful rig makes it excellent for one-design and sport boat racing. Keelboat stiffness ensures a great ride downwind in a heavy breeze. Dinghy-like performance offers tactical and close racing.K
Perks of the SB3 include a high-tech x-ply Mylar mainsail and jib, a “sit-in” cockpit for onboard communication and a level playing field and adjustable rig with a fixed forestay.
- LOA :20.34 ft / 6.20 m
- Beam : 6.89 ft / 2.10 m
- Draft : 4.92 ft / 1.50 m
- Spinnaker : 495.14 ft / 46.00 m
- Hull Weight : 1399.92 lb / 635.00 kg
- Capacity : 3-4 people
- Skill Level : intermediate-advanced
- Race Level : club-international
- Transport : trailer
- Crew Weight : 595 lb / 270 kg
- Mainsail Area : 193.75 ft / 18.00 m
- Jib Area : 100.10 ft / 9.30 m
Specifications are subject to change without notice
- Additional space for crew maneuvers with the Gnav system.
- Class no-hiking rule-race results rely on skills and tactics and not on fitness
- Comfortable wide-open cockpit with clear uncluttered controls.
- Identical boats with strict one-design class rules for hull rig and sails ensure close competition and low running costs.
- Lifting keel for easy launch and recovery-tows like a dream.
- Low aspect keel and high ballast ratio for a very stiff and stable sports boat.
- Mast raising and lowering made simple-rig-able and ready to sail in under an hour.
- Maximum crew weight limit for close competition.
- Modern powerful rig and high aspect gennaker keep sheet loads to a minimum.
- Sit-in bars prevent hiking and promote on-board communication.
- Sports boat sailing for a crew of three or four (subject to weight limit).
- Unprecedented class race circuit sponsorship.
- The Laser SB3 comes with a Vela gray hull and deck; mainsail and jib are white and spinnaker is available in white or yellow.