FourStroke 115 EFI
Advanced power, commendable performance.
Mercury FourStrokes have long led the pack in clean, quiet, fuel-efficient outboard power – and now the gap grows even wider. We combined innovative engineering with advanced reliability and features to make our outboards run clean, stay quiet, and deliver smooth, responsive performance – all while cutting your fuel and maintenance costs.
- Engine Type : inline 4
- Displacement (L) : 2.1
- Full Throttle RPM Range : 5000-6000
- Fuel Induction System : Computer Controlled Multi-Port Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Alternator Amp : 35 amp / 441 watt with water-cooled voltage regulator
- Recommended Fuel : Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 90 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum
- Recommended Oil : Mercury FourStroke Oil 10W-30
- Engine Protection Operator Warning System : SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Compatible with SmartCraft digital technology: Yes
- Starting : Smart Start Electric
- Steering : Hydraulic power steering, Dual Cable Mechanical, Big Tiller Compatible
- Gearcase Ratio : 2.07:1
- Dry Weight * Lightest model available : 359lbs / 163kg
- CARB Star Rating : 3
- Bore & Stroke (in/mm) : 3.5 x 3.2″ / 90 x 81 mm
- Ignition : SmartCraft ECM 70 Digital Inductive
- Fuel System : Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Cooling System : Water-cooled with thermostat
- Gear Shift : F-N-R
- Gearcase options: Standard
- Trim system: Power Trim , Power Tilt
- Exhaust System : Though prop
- color: Phantom Black
- HP/Kw : 115 / 84.6
- Shaft Length : 20 in (508 mm) / 25 in (635 mm)
- Shallow Water Trim Range : 20 degrees
Specifications are subject to change without notice
Lightweight & Fuel Efficient
Mercury’s world-renowned engineering team has packed incredible power into these lighter, compact four-cylinder single-overhead-cam engines. The 115hp weighs 20 pounds less than its closest four-stroke competitor, making it the world’s lightest low-emissions outboard in its power range.
Dry weight specification is for the lightest-version model. Comparative weights refer to base engines without oil, propeller or integral steering cylinder. Weights based on Owner’s Manual specifications.
Do you like to boat offshore even though you’re not in the market for a big boat? For the first time, Mercury is offering a 115hp FourStroke with left-hand rotation. Two of these mid-range monsters on your transom provide the maneuverability and get-home safety of higher-horsepower twins at a price that’s easier on your wallet. Unlike competitive dual 115hp engines, dual 115 Mercury FourStrokes are Command Thrust models, which swing V6-class propellers, such as Enertia series to deliver improved acceleration and better boat control in rough water.
*Available only on 115 hp
The larger Command Thrust gearcase creates a bigger footprint in the water, which provides more leverage to control your boat. The larger torpedo, combined with a bigger-diameter prop, can lift a heavy boat onto plane more easily and hold it there at lower speeds without impacting top speed.
The same lifetime maintenance-free valvetrain design found in our 150 FourStroke engines makes the 75-115hp FourStroke outboards incredibly durable.
Powerful & Efficient
Less weight and high displacement mean Mercury’s new 75 – 115 FourStrokes generate abundant torque and immediate power. Because they don’t have to work as hard as heavier engines or those with lower displacement, these engines make boats plane faster, accelerate better and provide optimal fuel efficiency at cruising speed.
Quiet & Smooth
Customers tell us they can barely hear these outboards running – especially at idle – because Mercury® successfully reduced noise and vibration in these next-generation FourStrokes. The result is an ultra-smooth ride and the ability to enjoy nature without overpowering it.
- Built-In Durability: Every 75-115 horsepower Mercury FourStroke is built to deliver long-term reliable performance. Our fully filtered air intake protects internal engine components from potentially damaging dust and sand, while our advanced antidrainback oil system assures instant lubrication on start-up. In addition, the use of shared Verado components ensures the ultimate in mechanical toughness and reliability.
- Electronics Leadership: Every Mercury 75-115hp FourStroke outboard features a 50-amp, 630-watt alternator, the most powerful in its class. This impressive alternator can power all your accessories – electronics, lights, livewells and audio equipment – throughout your trip.
- Gauge your fuel economy: Introducing the new ECO-Screen feature of the SmartCraft MercMonitor. The ECO-Screen constantly monitors engine RPM, speed, fuel consumption and engine trim to automatically calculate and guide you to your maximize fuel efficiency. This user-friendly feature utilizes yellow and green display colors to signify when you’re operating at your optimal efficiency. This can result in a 10-20% increase in fuel economy.
- Maintenance-Free Valve Train: The 75-115hp FourStroke models feature the same valve train architecture as Verado – a robust design that is incredibly durable and maintenance-free for life.
- More for the Money: Mercury FourStroke engines feature Electronic Fuel Injection for better fuel economy along with easier, turn-key starting.
- Quicker is Better: Large-displacement dual overhead cam increases low-end power. Mercury FourStrokes consistently outperform the competition in 0-30 mph acceleration.
- Slow but Steady: Every 75-115 horsepower SmartCraft-equipped FourStroke features Troll Control, which allows you to set your engine speed as low as 650 rpm for trolling or running through extended no-wake zones.
- Spend more time on the water: Every 75-115hp Mercury FourStroke, features an easy access automotive spin-on-type oil filter, oil fill and side mounted oil drain which makes for easy service and maintenance. You should spend more time on the water than servicing your outboard.
- Superior Corrosion Protection: Mercury FourStrokes deliver powerful saltwater protection by using stainless steel components, hard anodizing, engineered polymers, and an exclusive multistep painting and coating process. Saltwater maintenance is made easy in the 75-115hp models with the innovative freshwater flush. And only Mercury offers a three-year limited corrosion failure warranty.