FourStroke 5 HP SailPower
Go anywhere with portable power.
Taking the fun with you is one of the great advantages of owning an inflatable boat or small fishing boat. Mercury offers a complete line of extremely light portable FourStroke outboards, with the widest range of models to choose from. So wherever you and your boat go, your Mercury portable FourStroke can also go. The entire line makes operation and portability easy with smart, simple features. Plus, clean, quiet, fuel-efficient FourStroke performance makes them the obvious power of choice.
- Displacement (CID/CC) : 7.5 / 123
- Engine type : 1 Cylinder
- Bore & Stroke (in/mm) : 2.32 x 1.77in / 59 x 45mm
- Fuel System : Carbureted
- Fuel Induction System : 2-valve pushrod (overhead valve)
- Cooling System : Water-cooled with thermostat
- Full Throttle RPM Range : 4500-5500
- Ignition System : CDI w/electronic spark advance
- Starting : Manual
- Alternator Amp / Watt : 4 lighting / 2 charging amp / 50 lighting / 25 charging watt (Optional)
- Gear Shift : F-N-R
- Steering : Tiller
- Trim Positions : 6
- Shallow Water Drive : Yes
- Recommended Oil : Mercury 4-Stroke Oil 10W-30
- CARB Star Rating : 3
- Exhaust System : Though prop
- Dry Weight * Lightest model available : 57lbs / 26kg
- Engine Protection Operator Warning System : Low oil pressure, Over-rev
- Gearcase Ratio : 2.15:1
- Gearcase options: Standard
- Integral fuel tank (gal / L) : 0.3 / 1.1
- Optional fuel tank (gal / L) : 3.2 / 12
- Recommended Fuel : 87% octane/up to 10% ethanol
- Color: Phantom Black
- HP/Kw : 5 / 3.7
- Shaft Length : 15 in (381mm) / 25 in (635mm)
- Shallow Water Trim Range : 16 degrees
Specifications are subject to change without notice
Weighing just 38 and 57 pounds, respectively, our 2.5 – 3.5hp and 4 – 6hp FourStroke outboards are easy to lift and carry.
Convenience and performance you can count on. 4 amp alternator to charge a battery: exhaust relief holes and 6″ prop for improved handling when reversing heavy boats; even an added rectifier to power small external lights. A 5hp FourStroke that powers your boat.
Multiple trim positions enhance performance and enable shallow-water operation.
Mercury 2.5 and 3.5hp FourStroke engines feature neutral-forward shifting with 360-degree steering for full thrust in all directions.
Through-prop exhaust on all Mercury ® 4 – 6hp FourStrokes exits underwater for quiet operation.
Mercury ® 4, 5 and 6hp FourStrokes feature integral fuel tanks with an external fuel-shutoff valve, as well as a fuel-tank cap on top of the cowl. For extended range, these engines also can be connected to a remote fuel tank placed in the boat.
Easy to Start.
Automatic decompression bleeds off cylinder pressure to reduce the pulling force required to start the engine.
- Easy Pull Starts: A standard automatic cylinder decompression system greatly reduces pull force for effortless starting – so any member of the family can easily get the engine going.
- Exclusive Through-Prop Exhaust: No other 6hp fourstroke on the market offers through-hub exhaust, for quiet and pleasant operation.
- Integral Fuel Tank: All models come standard with a 0.3 US gallon / 1L capacity integral fuel tank.
- Lightweight Champion: At only 55 pounds, the 6hp model is the lightest engine in its class. The compact, lightweight design makes it truly an outboard on the go.