FourStroke 50 EFI
More Features, More Fun.
Mercury FourStrokes have long led the pack with clean, quiet, fuel-efficient outboard power, and now the gap grows even wider. Whether you pilot a small fishing boat or a party on a big pontoon, there’s a Mercury FourStroke that fits the bill.
The 40, 50 and 60hp models are available with either standard or BigFoot gearcases. BigFoot models are perfect for pontoons and large boats, while the standard gearcases are ideal for aluminum fishing boats, bay boats, and inflatable boats.
No matter the size, these FourStroke outboards are a pleasure to drive. Mercury engineers have created a unique design for easier shifting and refined the throttle resolution setting for smoother low-speed operation. Plus, every 40-60hp FourStroke features a single-latch cowl system for easy, quick release.
- Engine Type : inline 4
- Displacement (CID/CC) : 60.8 / 995
- Full Throttle RPM Range : 5500-6000
- Fuel Induction System : 2 valves per cylinder, single overhead cam (SOHC)
- Alternator Amp : 18 amp / 226 watt
- Recommended Fuel : 87% octane/up to 10% ethanol
- Recommended Oil : Mercury FourStroke Oil 10W-30
- Engine Protection Operator Warning System : SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Compatible with SmartCraft digital technology: Yes
- Starting : Electric (turn-key)
- Steering : Remote, Tiller Kit, Big Tiller Compatible
- Gearcase Ratio : 1.83:1
- Dry Weight * Lightest model available : 247lbs / 112kg
- CARB Star Rating : 3
- Bore & Stroke (in/mm) : 2.56 x 2.95″ / 65 x 75 mm
- Ignition : ECM 70
- Fuel System : Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Cooling System : Water-cooled with thermostat
- Gear Shift : F-N-R
- Gearcase options: Standard
- Trim system: Power Trim
- Exhaust System : Though prop
- Remote Fuel Tank : Yes
- color: Phantom Black
- HP/Kw : 50 / 37
- Shaft Length : 20 in (508 mm)
- Shallow Water Trim Range : 20 degrees
Specifications are subject to change without notice
Smooth and Strong Performance.
A compact, single-overhead-cam design and long piston stroke give Mercury 40 – 60hp FourStroke outboards more low-end torque for excellent acceleration, even when pushing a heavy load.
The high-displacement, long-stroke, four-cylinder, single-overhead cam design provides optimum power and a smooth ride with Command Thrust models.
The Big Tiller.
The optional center-mounted Big Tiller offers optimal control. A longer tiller grip incorporates a convenient power trim switch, the shift lever is close at hand, and an optional digital troll control adjusts engine speed as low as 700 rpm in 10-rpm increments.
Turnkey starts / fuel efficiency.
Mercury Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) delivers reliable turnkey starts, improved fuel efficiency, instant throttle response and protection against low-quality-fuel problems.
An 18-amp high-output alternator keeps batteries charged and fishing electronics humming.
SpitFire and SpitFire Pontoon Propellers.
The advanced design of the Mercury ® Spitfire ® aluminum propeller combines four aggressive blades with high rake angles and extra cup for tenacious holding and 25% quicker acceleration, with no loss in top speed compared to a three-blade Mercury Black Max ® propeller of the same pitch.
The advanced design of the Mercury Spitfire Pontoon four-blade aluminum propeller maximizes blow-out resistance, with extra blade area for outstanding hold in turns and extra thrust around the dock that pontoon boaters need and demand. The Spitfire Pontoon propeller is available for 40 – 60hp Command Thrust engines in 10-, 11- and 13-pitch sizes.
More Control, Hole Shot and Mid-Range Power.
Increased thrust is delivered by a 2.33:1 gear ratio with 44% larger gears. The desmodromic shifting is ultra-smooth.
A gearcase that sits deeper in the water, a bigger prop with 20% more blade surface, and lower gear ratio provide unmatched thrust, maneuverability and boat lift.
The 60 hp Command Thrust matches the acceleration and fuel efficiency of our competitor’s more expensive 70 hp outboard model.
- Clean Power: All Mercury FourStroke engines are designed to run clean, helping to protect the environment for generations to come. Every Mercury mid-range FourStroke engine carries a CARB Three-star Ultra-low Emissions rating.
- Easy Shifting: The precision engineered shift system in every 40-60hp FourStroke delivers smooth, positive shifting for an improved driving experience.
- Easy Starts. Smooth Running.: The 40-60hp Mercury engines are Electronically Fuel-Injected, which provides turn-key starting, increased power, improved fuel economy, and spectacular reliability.
- Gauge Your Fuel Economy: Introducing the new ECO-Screen feature of the SmartCraft MercMonitor. The ECO-Screen constantly monitors engine RPM, speed, fuel consumption and engine trim to automatically calculate and guide you to your maximize fuel efficiency. This user-friendly feature utilizes yellow and green display colors to signify when you’re operating at your optimal efficiency. This can result in a 10-20% increase in fuel economy.
- Peace Of Mind: Engine Guardian uses key external sensors to monitor all the major functions of your engine. If the proactive operator-warning system detects a potential problem – such as over-revving, overheating, or low oil pressure – Engine Guardian sends out an alert and automatically reduces engine power enough to prevent damage, but still allows you to get to shore.
- Quicker is Better: Large-displacement dual overhead cam increases low-end power. Mercury FourStrokes consistently outperform the competition in 0-30 mph acceleration.
- Slow but Steady: Every 40-60hp SmartCraft-equipped FourStroke features Troll Control, which allows you to set your engine speed as low as 700 rpm for trolling or running through extended no-wake zones.
- Superior Corrosion Protection: Mercury FourStrokes deliver powerful saltwater protection by using stainless steel components, hard anodizing, engineered polymers, and an exclusive multistep painting and coating process. Saltwater maintenance is made easy in the 40-60hp models with the innovative freshwater flush. And only Mercury offers a three-year limited corrosion failure warranty.