FourStroke 50 EFI
More Features, More Fun.
Mercury FourStrokes have long led the pack with clean, quiet, fuel-efficient outboard power, and now the gap grows even wider. Whether you pilot a small fishing boat or a party on a big pontoon, there’s a Mercury FourStroke that fits the bill.
The 40, 50 and 60hp models are available with either standard or BigFoot gearcases. BigFoot models are perfect for pontoons and large boats, while the standard gearcases are ideal for aluminum fishing boats, bay boats, and inflatable boats.
No matter the size, these FourStroke outboards are a pleasure to drive. Mercury engineers have created a unique design for easier shifting and refined the throttle resolution setting for smoother low-speed operation. Plus, every 40-60hp FourStroke features a single-latch cowl system for easy, quick release.
- Displacement (CID/cc) : 60.8 / 995
- Cylinder/Configuration : 4 (in-line)
- Bore & Stroke (in/mm) : 2.56 x 2.95in / 65 x 75mm
- Fuel System : Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Fuel Induction System : 2 valves per cylinder, single overhead cam (SOHC)
- Cooling System : Water-cooled with thermostat
- Full Throttle RPM Range : 5500-6000
- Ignition System : ECM 07 Digital Inductive
- Starting : Electric (turn-key)
- Alternator Amp : 18 amp / 226 watt
- Gear Shift : F-N-R
- Steering : Big Tiller Compatible, Remote, Tiller Kit
- Trim System : Power Trim
- Recommended Oil : Mercury 4-Stroke Outboard Oil
- CARB Star Rating : 3
- Remote Fuel Tank : optional
- Exhaust System : Though prop
- Compatible with Smartcraft Digital Technology : Yes
- Dry Weight * Lightest model available : 247lbs / 112kg
- Engine Protection Operator Warning System : SmartCraft
- Engine Guardian
- Gearcase Ratio : 1.83:1
- Recommended Fuel : 87 octane/up to 10% ethanol
- HP/Kw @ Prop : 50 / 37
- Shaft Length : 20 in (508 mm)
- Shallow Water Trim Range : 20 degrees
no images were found
Specifications are subject to change without notice
- Clean Power: All Mercury FourStroke engines are designed to run clean, helping to protect the environment for generations to come. Every Mercury mid-range FourStroke engine carries a CARB Three-star Ultra-low Emissions rating.
- Easy Shifting: The precision engineered shift system in every 40-60hp FourStroke delivers smooth, positive shifting for an improved driving experience.
- Easy Starts. Smooth Running.: The 40-60hp Mercury engines are Electronically Fuel-Injected, which provides turn-key starting, increased power, improved fuel economy, and spectacular reliability.
- Gauge Your Fuel Economy: Introducing the new ECO-Screen feature of the SmartCraft MercMonitor. The ECO-Screen constantly monitors engine RPM, speed, fuel consumption and engine trim to automatically calculate and guide you to your maximize fuel efficiency. This user-friendly feature utilizes yellow and green display colors to signify when you’re operating at your optimal efficiency. This can result in a 10-20% increase in fuel economy.
- Peace Of Mind: Engine Guardian uses key external sensors to monitor all the major functions of your engine. If the proactive operator-warning system detects a potential problem – such as over-revving, overheating, or low oil pressure – Engine Guardian sends out an alert and automatically reduces engine power enough to prevent damage, but still allows you to get to shore.
- Quicker is Better: Large-displacement dual overhead cam increases low-end power. Mercury FourStrokes consistently outperform the competition in 0-30 mph acceleration.
- Slow but Steady: Every 40-60hp SmartCraft-equipped FourStroke features Troll Control, which allows you to set your engine speed as low as 700 rpm for trolling or running through extended no-wake zones.
- Superior Corrosion Protection: Mercury FourStrokes deliver powerful saltwater protection by using stainless steel components, hard anodizing, engineered polymers, and an exclusive multistep painting and coating process. Saltwater maintenance is made easy in the 40-60hp models with the innovative freshwater flush. And only Mercury offers a three-year limited corrosion failure warranty.