FourStroke 6 HP
The complete portable package.
Taking the fun with you is one of the great advantages of owning an inflatable boat or small fishing boat. Mercury offers a complete line of extremely light portable FourStroke outboards, with the widest range of models to choose from. So wherever you and your boat go, your Mercury portable FourStroke can also go. The entire line makes operation and portability easy with smart, simple features. Plus, clean, quiet, fuel-efficient FourStroke performance makes them the obvious power of choice.
- Displacement (CID/cc) : 7.5 / 123
- Cylinder/Configuration : 1
- Bore & Stroke (in/mm) : 2.32 x 1.77in / 59 x 45mm
- Fuel System : Carbureted
- Fuel Induction System : 2-valve pushrod (overhead valve)
- Cooling System : Water-cooled with thermostat
- Full Throttle RPM Range : 5000-6000
- Ignition System : CDI w/electronic spark advance
- Starting : Manual
- Alternator Amp : 4 lighting / 2 charging amp / 50 lighting / 25 charging watt (Optional)
- Gear Shift : F-N-R
- Steering : Tiller
- Trim Positions : 6
- Shallow Water Drive : Yes
- Recommended Oil : Mercury 4-Stroke Outboard Oil
- CARB Star Rating : 3
- Exhaust System : Though prop
- Dry Weight * Lightest model available : 57lbs / 26kg
- Engine Protection Operator Warning System : Low oil pressure, Over-rev
- Gearcase Ratio : 2.15:1
- Integral fuel tank (gal / L) : 0.3 / 1.0
- Optional fuel tank (gal / L) : 3.2 / 12
- Recommended Fuel : 87 octane/up to 10% ethanol
- HP/Kw @ Prop : 6 / 4.4
- Shaft Length : 15 in (381mm) / 20 in (508 mm)
- Shallow Water Trim Range : 16 degrees
Specifications are subject to change without notice
- Easy Pull Starts: A standard automatic cylinder decompression system greatly reduces pull force for effortless starting – so any member of the family can easily get the engine going.
- Exclusive Through-Prop Exhaust: No other 6hp fourstroke on the market offers through-hub exhaust, for quiet and pleasant operation.
- Integral Fuel Tank: All models come standard with a 0.3 US gallon / 1L capacity integral fuel tank.
- Lightweight Champion: At only 55 pounds, the 6hp model is the lightest engine in its class. The compact, lightweight design makes it truly an outboard on the go.