FourStroke 90 hp Command Thrust
More Features, More Fun.
Mercury FourStrokes have long led the pack with clean, quiet, fuel-efficient outboard power, and now the gap grows even wider. Whether you pilot a small fishing boat or a party on a big pontoon, there’s a Mercury FourStroke that fits the bill.
The 40, 50 and 60hp models are available with either standard or BigFoot gearcases. BigFoot models are perfect for pontoons and large boats, while the standard gearcases are ideal for aluminum fishing boats, bay boats, and inflatable boats.
No matter the size, these FourStroke outboards are a pleasure to drive. Mercury engineers have created a unique design for easier shifting and refined the throttle resolution setting for smoother low-speed operation. Plus, every 40-60hp FourStroke features a single-latch cowl system for easy, quick release.
- Engine Type : inline 4
- Displacement (L) : 2.1
- Full Throttle RPM Range : 5000-6000
- Fuel Induction System : Computer Controlled Multi-Port Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Alternator Amp : 35 amp / 441 watt with water-cooled voltage regulator
- Recommended Fuel : Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 90 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum
- Recommended Oil : Mercury FourStroke Oil 10W-30
- Engine Protection Operator Warning System : SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Compatible with SmartCraft digital technology: Yes
- Starting : Smart Start Electric
- Steering : Dual Cable Mechanical, Hydraulic power steering, Big Tiller Compatible
- Gearcase Ratio : 2.38:1
- Dry Weight * Lightest model available : 363lbs / 165kg
- Bore & Stroke (in/mm) : 3.5 x 3.2″ / 90 x 81 mm
- Ignition : SmartCraft ECM 70 Digital Inductive
- Fuel System : Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Cooling System : Water-cooled with thermostat
- Gear Shift : F-N-R
- Gearcase options: Command Thrust
- Trim system: Power Tilt, Power Trim
- Exhaust System : Though prop
- Remote Fuel Tank : Yes
- color: Phantom Black
- HP/Kw : 90 / 66.2
- Shaft Length : 20 in (508 mm) / 25 in (635 mm)
- Shallow Water Trim Range : 20 degrees
Specifications are subject to change without notice
Lightweight & Fuel Efficient
Mercury’s world-renowned engineering team has packed incredible power into these lighter, compact four-cylinder single-overhead-cam engines. The 115hp weighs 20 pounds less than its closest four-stroke competitor, making it the world’s lightest low-emissions outboard in its power range.
Dry weight specification is for the lightest-version model. Comparative weights refer to base engines without oil, propeller or integral steering cylinder. Weights based on Owner’s Manual specifications.
Do you like to boat offshore even though you’re not in the market for a big boat? For the first time, Mercury is offering a 115hp FourStroke with left-hand rotation. Two of these mid-range monsters on your transom provide the maneuverability and get-home safety of higher-horsepower twins at a price that’s easier on your wallet. Unlike competitive dual 115hp engines, dual 115 Mercury FourStrokes are Command Thrust models, which swing V6-class propellers, such as Enertia series to deliver improved acceleration and better boat control in rough water.
The larger Command Thrust gearcase creates a bigger footprint in the water, which provides more leverage to control your boat. The larger torpedo, combined with a bigger-diameter prop, can lift a heavy boat onto plane more easily and hold it there at lower speeds without impacting top speed.
The same lifetime maintenance-free valvetrain design found in our 150 FourStroke engines makes the 75-115hp FourStroke outboards incredibly durable.
Powerful & Efficient
Less weight and high displacement mean Mercury’s new 75 – 115 FourStrokes generate abundant torque and immediate power. Because they don’t have to work as hard as heavier engines or those with lower displacement, these engines make boats plane faster, accelerate better and provide optimal fuel efficiency at cruising speed.
Quiet & Smooth
Customers tell us they can barely hear these outboards running – especially at idle – because Mercury® successfully reduced noise and vibration in these next-generation FourStrokes. The result is an ultra-smooth ride and the ability to enjoy nature without overpowering it.
- Clean Power: All Mercury FourStroke engines are designed to run clean, helping to protect the environment for generations to come. Every Mercury mid-range FourStroke engine carries a CARB Three-star Ultra-low Emissions rating.
- Easy Shifting: The precision engineered shift system in every 40-60hp FourStroke delivers smooth, positive shifting for an improved driving experience.
- Easy Starts. Smooth Running.: The 40-60hp Mercury engines are Electronically Fuel-Injected, which provides turn-key starting, increased power, improved fuel economy, and spectacular reliability.
- Gauge Your Fuel Economy: Introducing the new ECO-Screen feature of the SmartCraft MercMonitor. The ECO-Screen constantly monitors engine RPM, speed, fuel consumption and engine trim to automatically calculate and guide you to your maximize fuel efficiency. This user-friendly feature utilizes yellow and green display colors to signify when you’re operating at your optimal efficiency. This can result in a 10-20% increase in fuel economy.
- Peace Of Mind: Engine Guardian uses key external sensors to monitor all the major functions of your engine. If the proactive operator-warning system detects a potential problem – such as over-revving, overheating, or low oil pressure – Engine Guardian sends out an alert and automatically reduces engine power enough to prevent damage, but still allows you to get to shore.
- Quicker is Better: Large-displacement dual overhead cam increases low-end power. Mercury FourStrokes consistently outperform the competition in 0-30 mph acceleration.
- Slow but Steady: Every 40-60hp SmartCraft-equipped FourStroke features Troll Control, which allows you to set your engine speed as low as 700 rpm for trolling or running through extended no-wake zones.
- Superior Corrosion Protection: Mercury FourStrokes deliver powerful saltwater protection by using stainless steel components, hard anodizing, engineered polymers, and an exclusive multistep painting and coating process. Saltwater maintenance is made easy in the 40-60hp models with the innovative freshwater flush. And only Mercury offers a three-year limited corrosion failure warranty.