OptiMax 3.0L 250 HP
The most experience for the greatest value.
No direct injection engine has more experience, testing, or success under its belt than Mercury OptiMax. It’s not surprising that OptiMax repeatedly leads every direct injection category – including power, fuel efficiency, reliability, and versatility. It all adds up to a complete line of power that delivers more, and delivers it better. OptiMax remains the best value on the water and a top choice of boaters.
- Engine Type : V-6
- Displacement (L) : 3.0
- Full Throttle RPM Range : 5500-6000
- Fuel Induction System : 2-stage Direct Fuel Injection (DFI)
- Alternator Amp : 60 amp / 756 watt (Belt-Driven)
- Recommended Fuel : 87% octane / up to 10% ethanol
- Recommended Oil : Mercury OptiMax/DFI Outboard Oil
- Engine Protection Operator Warning System : Low oil level, Over-rev, Overheat, SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Compatible with SmartCraft digital technology: Yes
- Controls : Remote Mechanical
- Steering : Remote, Big Tiller Compatible
- Gearcase Ratio : 1.75:1
- Dry Weight * Lightest model available : 505lbs / 229kg
- CARB Star Rating : 3
- Gearcase options: Standard
- Counter rotation: Available
- color: Phantom Black
- HP/Kw : 250 / 184
- Shaft Length : 25 in (635 mm) / 30″ / 762 mm
Specifications are subject to change without notice
Atomized fuel is injected directly into each combustion chamber, backed by a precise charge of compressed air, and the fuel / air mixture is directed toward the spark plug by a uniquely shaped piston. The result is more-complete combustion for outstanding economy and smoke-free emissions.
A 60-amp (756-watt) belt-driven alternator keeps batteries charged to power electronics, lights, livewells and audio equipment.
Geared to Win.
The Torque Master II gearcase, available on select OptiMax® 225hp and 250hp Pro XS™ outboards, is designed specifically for performance bass boats with top speeds of up to 85 mph. Its stout 1.25-inch prop shaft can handle the strain of running at an elevated mounting height. Patented front water pickups keep the engine running cool regardless of engine height. A cambered skeg improves handling and drivability.
More than a decade of reliable Mercury® OptiMax® performance is testimony to a great design. Low-pressure Direct Fuel Injection (DFI) delivery, corrosion-resistant alloys and finishes, and rugged components keep Mercury OptiMax outboards on the water, season upon season.
No outboard in its class weighs less than the Mercury® 250hp OptiMax®. That helps create amazing hole-shot acceleration, increased top speed and overall efficiency. Its compact 60-degree V6 engine delivers brawn without the bulk.
The Big Tiller.
The optional center-mounted Big Tiller offers optimal control. A longer tiller grip incorporates a convenient power trim switch, the shift lever is close at hand, and an optional digital troll control adjusts engine speed as low as 700 rpm in 10-rpm increments.
- A Prop For Every Purpose: No one offers a wider variety of propellers than Mercury Marine. From our four-blade, stainless steel Trophy Plus to the revolutionary Enertia, Mercury makes a prop that will maximize your boating enjoyment. Visit the Mercury Prop Selector to choose the prop that’s right for you.
- Leading Gearcase Technology: No other marine engine company has more knowledge about hydrodynamics and gearcase design than Mercury. We have the right gearcase configuration and technology to match any boating application. Our designs result in less drag – giving you better handling and performance.
- Light And Fast: The V-6 design is slim and lightweight making it a great choice for almost any type of boat. It consistently outperforms other DI engines in holeshot, mid-range acceleration and top-end speed.
- Long-Lasting Stainless: OptiMax is built with more stainless steel and corrosion-resistant components, which translates to saltwater durability, longer intervals between maintenance, and lower cost of ownership. In addition, our lower-pressure direct-injection system also provides superior component durability and longevity.
- Powerful And Smooth: The OptiMax Two-Stage Direct Injection System provides a constant supply of atomized fuel and air while the Vapor Separator Tank (VST) ensures a constant supply of liquid fuel for the injection process. The result is unmatched throttle response, instant starting, and smooth performance.
- Superior Durability: OptiMax’s durable gearcase features a heavy-duty prop shaft and Mercury-patented dual water pickups on the front end of the torpedo for a constant flow of cooling water. It is specifically designed to give you impeccable handling and incredible top speeds. Dome-Shaped Piston Heads direct the fuel-and-air charge to the spark plug more efficiently, providing outstanding durability along with excellent running quality.
- Ultimate Efficiency: The innovative OptiMax DI system delivers the ultimate in efficiency, squeezing more miles and performance from every drop of fuel. The exclusive deflector-shaped pistons and combustion chambers enhance fuel economy and lower emissions by efficiently directing the fuel/air charge to the spark plug. The OptiMax Air Compressor provides a steady charge of cooled air for maximum combustion efficiency.