OptiMax Jet Outboard 80 HP
Mercury Jet Outboards are designed with the power and the weight to cover any shallow-water jet boat application. Choose from Electronic Fuel injected FourStroke models with horsepower ranging from 80 to 110 horsepower. The new Jet OptiMax 80 and 110 models are poised to become the power of choice for jet boat operators everywhere. Compared to four-stroke competitors in its class, the lightweight two-stroke Direct Injected OptiMax Jet outboards feature lightweight, high-power performance, with outstanding holeshot and acceleration, perfect for shallow-water jet applications. The Jet 80 and 110 OptiMax outboards feature OptiMax fuel system technology, a testament to their quality, reliability and durability.
- Engine Type : Inline 4
- Displacement (L) : 2.1
- Displacement (CID/CC) : 126
- Full Throttle RPM Range : 5000-6000
- Fuel Induction System : Computer Controlled Multi-Port Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Alternator Amp : 35 amp / 441 watt with water-cooled voltage regulator
- Recommended Fuel : Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 90 RON 10% Ethanol
- Recommended Oil : Maximum Mercury FourStroke Oil 10W-30
- Engine Protection Operator Warning System : SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Compatible with SmartCraft digital technology: Yes
- Starting : Smart Start Electric
- Steering : Hydraulic, Dual Cable Mechanical, Big Tiller Compatible
- Gearcase Ratio : 1.00:1
- Dry Weight * Lightest model available : 378lbs / 171kg
- Bore and stroke: 3.5 x 3.2″ / 90 x 81 mm
- Ignition: SmartCraft ECM 70 Digital Inductive
- Cooling system : Water-cooled with thermostat
- Gearcase options: Jet Drive
- Counter rotation: Available
- Trim system: Power Tilt, Power Trim
- Exhaust system: Through jet
- color: Phantom Black
- HP/Kw : 80 / 60
- Shaft Length : 20″ / 508 mm
- Shallow Water Trim Range : 20 degrees
Specifications are subject to change without notice
The Big Tiller.
The optional center-mounted Big Tiller offers optimal control. A longer tiller grip incorporates a convenient power trim switch, the shift lever is close at hand, and an optional digital troll control adjusts engine speed as low as 700 rpm in 10-rpm increments.
Water is drawn into the unit through the intake grill by an impeller, driven directly by the engine driveshaft. The water is then forced at high pressure through an outlet nozzle, creating thrust that drives the boat forward. To obtain reverse, a gate lifts into position over the outlet re-directing the pressure stream in the opposite direction.
- Operation: Water is drawn into the unit through the intake grill by an impeller, driven directly by the engine driveshaft. The water is then forced at high pressure through an outlet nozzle, creating thrust that drives the boat forward. To obtain reverse, a gate lifts into position over the outlet re-directing the pressure stream in the opposite direction.