OptiMax Pro XS 200 HP
In a class all its own.
For people who demand speed and acceleration from their outboards, the OptiMax Pro XS is the only choice. Mercury engineers leveraged the Mercury Racing heritage to develop this family of high-performance Direct Injected outboards. The result is an outboard family that blows away the competition when it comes to power, durability, performance and fuel efficiency.
Nothing on the water today is faster or more proven than the OptiMax Pro XS. And we’re proud to introduce the newest addition to this family, the 150hp OptiMax Pro XS. In head-to-head tests, the 150 Pro XS outran the competition by almost 5 MPH while delivering 15% better fuel economy! The 150 Pro XS is a perfect fit for those anglers looking to increase the performance of their 18-foot fishing boats.
With remarkable acceleration and awesome performance, the Optimax Pro XS lineup has created a class of its own. Nothing else is faster or more proven than the OptiMax Pro XS.
- Engine Type : V-6
- Displacement (L) : 3.0
- Full Throttle RPM Range : 5000-5750
- Alternator Amp : 60 amp / 756 watt
- Recommended Fuel : Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 90 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum
- Recommended Oil : Mercury OptiMax/DFI Outboard Oil
- Engine Protection Operator Warning System : SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Compatible with SmartCraft digital technology: Yes
- Starting : Electric (turn-key)
- Controls: Remote Mechanical
- Steering : Remote, Big Tiller Compatible
- Gearcase Ratio : 1.75:1
- Dry Weight * Lightest model available : 505 lbs / 229 kg
- CARB star rating: 3
- Bore and stroke: 3.63 x 3.00″ / 92 x 76 mm
- Ignition: PCM Digital Inductive
- Fuel system: 2-stage Direct Fuel Injection (DFI)
- Cooling system : Water-cooled with thermostat & pressure-controlled
- Gear shift: F-N-R
- Gearcase options: Standard
- Trim system: Power Trim
- Exhaust system: Through prop
- color: Phantom Black
- HP/Kw : 200 / 147
- Shaft Length : 20 in (508 mm)
- Shallow Water Trim Range : 20 degrees
Specifications are subject to change without notice
Powerful and Efficient.
An OptiMax 250hp Pro XS gets up to 14% better fuel economy than a 250hp four-stroke offered by our competitor. Our direct-fuel-injection system boasts the most complete fuel and air atomization, while specialized pistons improve fuel combustion. More power. Less fuel consumed. Fewer emissions produced. Perfect.
Geared to Win.
The Torque Master II gearcase, available on select OptiMax® 225hp and 250hp Pro XS&trend outboards, is designed specifically for performance bass boats with top speeds of up to 85 mph. Its stout 1.25-inch prop shaft can handle the strain of running at an elevated mounting height. Patented front water pickups keep the engine running cool regardless of engine height. A cambered skeg improves handling and drivability.
Speed / Performance.
Carbon Fiber Reeds increase power and torque for spectacular acceleration and top speed, while custom exhaust tuners and high-performance cylinder heads maximize power and overall performance.
Quick and fast, the Fury® propeller from Mercury improves hole shot on tournament bass rigs by 12% and top speed by 1.4 mph compared to the Mercury Tempest® Plus propeller. Fury is an ideal match for outboards 200hp and up.
Choice of Champions.
OptiMax Pro XS is the best-selling tournament-fishing outboard in the world, and has powered more competitive anglers to victory than any other engine. Run with the same confidence professional tournament anglers have – trust OptiMax Pro XS.
- Light and Fast: The compact 60-degree V6 block combines the smooth-running characteristics of a powerful V6 engine with a slim, lightweight design, making it a great choice for almost any type of boat. It consistently outperforms other DI engines in holeshot, mid-range acceleration and top-end speed.
- Long-Lasting Stainless: OptiMax is built with more stainless steel and corrosion-resistant components, which translates to saltwater durability, longer intervals between maintenance, and lower cost of ownership. In addition, our lower-pressure direct-injection system also provides superior component durability and longevity.
- Powerful and Smooth: The OptiMax Two-Stage Direct Injection System produces consistent performance and unmatched throttle response by providing a constant supply of atomized fuel and air. The Pro XS also offers a Higher Wide-Open-Throttle RPM Operating Range, giving you more propeller options to maximize the performance of your boat. Visit the mercurymarine.com Prop Selector to choose the prop that’s right for you.
- Run with the Pros: The tournament-tested Mercury ProXS lineup is the choice of thousands of performance-minded anglers. Only OptiMax ProXS engines feature durable and responsive Carbon Fiber Reeds to control airflow into the engine crankcase, while dome-Shaped Piston Heads direct the fuel-and-air charge to the spark plug more efficiently. This results in amazing power, outstanding durability, and excellent running quality. In head-to-head tests, the 150hp ProXS outran the competition by almost 5 MPH – while delivering 15% better fuel economy. In addition, we outfitted the 250hp ProXS with Solid Billet Aluminum Mounts to keep the engine from turning or twisting under high torque (20-inch models only).
- Ultimate Efficiency: The innovative OptiMax Direct Injected system delivers the ultimate in efficiency, squeezing more miles and performance from every drop of fuel. The unique shapes of the OptiMax-exclusive Dome-Shaped Pistons and combustion chambers enhance fuel economy and lower emissions by efficiently directing the fuel/air charge to the spark plug. The OptiMax Air Compressor provides a steady charge of cooled air for maximum combustion efficiency.