Pro FourStroke 250
If you’re looking for a more advanced, refined, and enjoyable ride from a performance engine, you’ll love the Mercury 250 and 300 hp Pro FourStroke. Pleasingly quiet and virtually vibration-free, they rocket out of the hole and provide unequalled mid-range acceleration and top speed – with style, comfort, and state-of-the-art technology.
- Engine Type : Inline 6
- Displacement (L) : 2.6
- Full Throttle RPM Range : 5800-6400
- Air induction : Supercharged with charge air cooling and electronic boost pressure control
- Fuel Induction System : Sequential multi-port electronic fuel injection (EFI)
- Alternator Amp / Watt : 70 amp / 882 watt (Belt-Driven)
- Recommended Fuel : Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 90 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum 92 octane for premium performance in all conditions
- Recommended Oil : Mercury FourStroke Oil 25W-40
- Engine Protection Operator Warning System : SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Compatible with SmartCraft digital technology: Yes
- Starting : Smart Start Electric
- Controls : SmartCraft Digital
- Steering : Electro-hydraulic power steering
- Gearcase Ratio : 1.85:1
- Dry Weight * Lightest model available : 635 lbs / 288 kg
- CARB Star Rating : 2
- Gearcase options: 4.8″
- color: Phantom Black
- HP/Kw : 250 / 186
- Shaft Length : 20 in (508 mm) / 25 in (635mm)
Specifications are subject to change without notice
The instant boost of an intercooled supercharged system delivers tremendous hole shot, unrivaled mid-range punch and excellent top speed.
Verado and Pro FourStroke outboards deliver best-in-class fuel economy.
DTS Hot Foot.
Simply push a button to transfer throttle control between the SmartCraft® Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS) foot pedal and the panel control. It allows bass boat drivers to keep both hands on the wheel during high-speed runs, and retains the convenience of the throttle lever for docking or loading.
SmartCraft® Digital Throttle & Shift provides smooth, instantaneous, predictable and quiet shifting, as well as ultra-responsive throttle control, while true Power Steering (standard on six-cylinder models) delivers precision steering without undesirable steering torque.
Mercury “shadow technology” eliminates the hassle of grappling with multiple engine levers when running with triple or quadruple outboards. Shadow mode controls up to four engines with just two levers from as many as two helm stations.
Our long-bolt design anchors the block and cylinder head to the bedplate and eliminates the effects of expansion and contraction. An exclusive oil cooler maintains optimal oil temperature to extend the life of the engine.
In addition, the Verado valve train is maintenance-free for the life of the engine
The inherently balanced in-line six-cylinder engine and our Advanced Mid Section (AMS) with perimeter mounts virtually eliminate vibration in the boat. Perfect for sneaking up on fish or cruising on luxury pontoons.
- Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS): Both the 250 and 300 hp Pro FourStrokes feature Mercury’s exclusive DTS, which provides an unparalleled level of control and precision. This digital technology also enables Mercury to offer the optional DTS Hot Foot, which allows you to transfer throttle control between a foot pedal and the DTS panel control with a simple push of a button – great for keeping both hands on the wheel during high-speed runs.
- Fight the Fish, Not the Wheel: Unlike standard hydraulic steering systems, the 250 and 300 hp Pro FourStrokes come with true automotive-like power steering, which eliminates the steering torque you can experience with other outboard engines. That lack of steering torque means less driver fatigue, allowing you to save your energy for finishing and not fighting the wheel.
- Supercharged Fishing: The 250 and 300 Pro FourStroke engines are engineered to deliver the enhanced performance (acceleration and top speed) of other Mercury Pro Series engines – including the 250hp OptiMax Pro XS, the most successful and most popular engine on the professional bass circuit. With Verado’s supercharged technology delivering unbelievable torque, these FourStrokes provide astounding holeshots and punchy mid-range acceleration, all with outstanding fuel economy.
- They’re perfect for: Bass boats; Multi-species boats; Saltwater bay boats; Performance pontoon and tritoon boats