Verado Six-Cylinder 300 HP
You have to live it to believe it.
When Mercury set out to engineer the perfect outboard engine, we questioned everything: every number, every scenario, every detail. The result? Verado®, the world’s most reliable and advanced propulsion system. The six-cylinder Verado delivers an amazing driving experience, superior reliability, jaw-dropping power and acceleration, and the quietest, smoothest ride ever produced by an outboard.
- Engine Type : Inline 6
- Displacement (L) : 2.6
- Full Throttle RPM Range : 5800-6400
- Air induction : Supercharged with charge air cooling and electronic boost pressure control
- Fuel Induction System : Sequential multi-port electronic fuel injection (EFI)
- Alternator Amp / Watt : 70 amp / 882 watt (Belt-Driven)
- Recommended Fuel : Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 90 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum, 92 octane for premium performance in all conditions
- Recommended Oil : Mercury FourStroke Oil 25W-40
- Engine Protection Operator Warning System : SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Compatible with SmartCraft digital technology: Yes
- Starting : Smart Start Electric
- Controls : SmartCraft Digital
- Steering : Electro-hydraulic power steering
- Gearcase Ratio : 1.75:1 or 1.85:1
- Dry Weight * Lightest model available : 647 lbs / 293 kg
- CARB Star Rating : 2
- Gearcase options: 5.44″
- Counter rotation : Available
- color: Cold Fusion White, Warm Fusion White, Phantom Black
- HP/Kw : 300 / 224
- Shaft Length : 20 in (508 mm) / 25 in (635mm) / 30 in (762mm)
- Counter Rotation : Available
Specifications are subject to change without notice
The ultra-robust 5.44-inch-diameter gearcase is built for offshore seas and provides extra lift for longer, heavier center consoles and walkarounds.
The MercMonitor ECO-Screen constantly notes engine trim, speed and fuel consumption and offers easy-to-read prompts designed to help you run your boat at optimal fuel economy.
Our long-bolt design anchors the block and cylinder head to the bedplate and eliminates the effects of expansion and contraction. An exclusive oil cooler maintains optimal oil temperature to extend the life of the engine
In addition, the Verado valve train is maintenance-free for the life of the engine
Joystick Piloting for Outboards.
With a simple push or twist of a joystick it’s possible to maneuver a boat in virtually any direction – sideways, diagonally or spinning the boat on its axis.
Control dual, triple or quad Verado 250hp or 300hp outboards, even in challenging wind and current conditions. This system integrates seamlessly with SmartCraft® Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS) and electro-hydraulic power steering, while standard integrated autopilot provides Auto Heading and Waypoint Sequencing.
Also available with Skyhook®, a digital GPS positioning system which can hold a boat in position while fishing or waiting for bridges to open.
The inherently balanced in-line six-cylinder engine and our Advanced Mid Section (AMS) with perimeter mounts virtually eliminate vibration in the boat. Perfect for sneaking up on fish or cruising on luxury pontoons.
SmartCraft® Digital Throttle & Shift provides smooth, instantaneous, predictable and quiet shifting, as well as ultra-responsive throttle control, while true Power Steering (standard on six-cylinder models) delivers precision steering without undesirable steering torque.
Mercury “shadow technology” eliminates the hassle of grappling with multiple engine levers when running with triple or quadruple outboards. Shadow mode controls up to four engines with just two levers from as many as two helm stations.
White, Black, Your Choice.
In addition to standard Phantom Black, Mercury now offers 300hp Verado outboards in two shades of white – Cold Fusion and Warm Fusion. The two new shades of Mercury White will complement almost any boat design or style.
The instant boost of an intercooled supercharged system delivers tremendous hole shot, unrivaled mid-range punch and excellent top speed.
- Awesome Torque: Verado’s Supercharged System delivers the torque big boats need for immediate planing, superior mid-range acceleration, and sustained planing at lower speeds.
- Built Tough: Verado’s unique Long Bolt Engine Design provides ultimate durability by keeping the powerhead in a constant state of compression. The extra-long bolts (which pass through the bedplate, block, and cylinder) are supported by rubber dampening elements to minimize the effects of engine vibration.
- Economy, Not Compromise: An enhanced power train gives you increased fuel efficiency and power without sacrificing reliability. Its robust design features forged pistons, precision-machined oil dams, eccentric grooved crankshaft main bearings, a unique intake cam profile, and an enhanced PCM (power control module) calibration.
- Gearcase Durability: Lastly, the current 4.8-inch Verado gearcase continues to be the best choice for single-engine boat applications – including bass, freshwater multispecies, inshore flats and bay and pontoon boats. The 4.8″ gearcase has a smaller hydrodynamic profile to ensure top performance on these boat types. This gearcase is available in right-hand rotation exclusively on a 20-inch and 25-inch 225 hp Verados as well as the new 250 and 300 Pro FourStrokes
- Gearcase Durability: Mercury Marine’s commitment to testing and continual product improvement never stops. The most recent examples of this commitment are found in the new range of Verado gearcase offerings.
- Gearcase Durability: The new 5.44-inch gearcase – with strengthened internal components – is a larger, more robust version of the current 4.8-inch gearcase. The 5.44-inch gearcase is best suited for saltwater offshore boats that are run more aggressively, or in rough seas where the propellers frequently ventilate. Additionally, 23-foot or larger single-engine boats that weigh more than 5,000 pounds fully loaded will significantly benefit from this larger gearcase.
- Long-Lasting Gearcase: The Verado gearcase was built to withstand high torque and speed, with unmatched impact protection. Also, only Mercury features Dual Water Inlets, including our patented low water pickup located on the front tip of the torpedo, ensuring a consistent flow of cooling water. The location of competitors’ pickups can prevent their engines from receiving a strong flow of cooling water due to weeds or air pockets.
- Maintenance-Free Valve Train: Unlike many competitors’ four-strokes, Verado’s durable valve train stays maintenance-free for life, thanks to a unique and robust overhead cam design.
- More Air, More Power: The intake cam provides better top-end power by significantly improving airflow, allowing the engine to produce more power while working less.
- Smooth, Precise Handling: The six-cylinder Verado features a unique Cradle-Mount Design with four oversized, calibrated elastomer mounts surrounding the powerhead to isolate and cancel vibration for an incredibly smooth ride. The advanced midsection (AMS) design incorporates a new steering-to-engine-axis geometry that greatly improves handling at higher speeds by eliminating the “crabbing effect” felt in large displacement fourstroke outboards. In addition, Mercury’s exclusive Power Steering system replaces the steering torque often felt with competitive outboards with a precise steering feel unique to Verado.
- Superior Combustion: The unique Verado Charge Air Cooler teams with the supercharger to deliver superior holeshot and acceleration by cooling the compressed air before it enters the combustion chambers. In addition, the Verado injection-molded Intake Manifold increases torque and power by delivering higher levels of airflow. As a result of all this, combustion is more complete, intense, efficient, and powerful.
- Superior Corrosion Protection: Salt demands more. That’s why Mercury uses more stainless steel components than our competitors, as well as our exclusive low-copper XK 360 aluminum alloy that provides industry-leading protection against saltwater corrosion. The Verado supercharger features a marine-grade anodized aluminum housing. To top it all off, Verado is equipped with protective sacrificial anodes for superior protection at every level.
- Ultimate Control: The SmartCraft® Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS) System delivers automotive-like control, instant throttle response and smooth shifting by eliminating the hesitation of traditional mechanical cable systems. More than 50,000 hours of testing and nearly a decade of consumer use make DTS the most rigorously proven control system on the water.
- Unbelievably Quiet: The Verado multi-chambered Intake Sound Attenuator not only reduces overall noise by up to 14 decibels, it also tunes the engine sound to a more pleasing tone. Acoustic foam lining along the upper cowling and lower cowl absorbs high-frequency engine and driveshaft noise for a best-in-class sound rating.